The ideal candidate would have specific experience with program evaluation of non-profit organizations, collaborative
evaluation projects, and intervention and outcomes evaluations for preventative programs. Background in evaluation and
research in the areas of grief, bereavement, trauma, child development and/or at-risk youth and families is preferred.
JUDI’S HOUSE ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES
Judi’s House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to 3 core values: RESPECT, ACCOUNTABILITY, and COMPASSION. Nothing
is more important than having a team of people that incorporate these values and hold each other accountable for living this
culture every day at Judi’s House:
Respect – For each member of the Judi’s House team, all Judi’s House constituents, and their personal role in the organization.
Accountability – Effective members of the Judi’s House team are hard working, dependable, and willing to make appropriate
sacrifices to meet team goals.
Compassion – For the children and families who seek our help. A good fit for Judi’s House is someone who is passionate about
giving back in ways that are meaningful and measurable.
Integrity – Does not cut corners ethically, ever. Earns trust and maintains confidences.
Positive Attitude – High energy and enthusiasm for the work they do. There is nothing this person cannot accomplish with
adequate time and resources.
Intelligence – Demonstrates an ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments.
Organized and Efficient– Ability to focus on key priorities and produce results with minimal wasted effort.
Persistence – Demonstrates tenacity & willingness to tackle difficult situations head on.
Communication Skills – Demonstrates high oral and written communication skills in multiple settings. Ability to listen and
understand varying viewpoints.
Humility – A requisite attribute to be a part of creating positive social change.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
Doctoral degree in clinical, counseling, community or school psychology; social work; public health or related field
Evidence of scholarship including publications, presentations, and training activities.
Minimum of 5 years of program evaluation and/or research experience.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES SOUGHT
At least 5 years engaging in program evaluation, data analysis, and research, with experience in all aspects of the
evaluation process, including:
- Developing research and evaluation questions,
- Designing evaluation plans
- Managing data acquisition efforts including collection, entry, cleaning, and production,
- Database/spreadsheet management,
- Overseeing data cleaning, recoding, and manipulation
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Compiling and summarizing results for a variety of audiences.
- Authorships on scholarly products including research reports, white papers, and training syllabi.
- Personnel management experience including hiring and supervising direct reports (research assistants, students).Strong knowledge of statistics, program assessment, and outcome/impact analysis (statistical software package –
Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Access preferred.
Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, with proven ability to communicate information
diplomatically, concisely and professionally with internal and external audiences.
Ability to present complicated data and ideas to multiple audiences in creative, understandable, and easily
EVALUATION AND RESEARCH
Work with the Judi’s House Leadership Team and Principal Investigator of the CU Research Initiative to:
- Develop and implement program evaluation and research studies that examine implementation, effectiveness, and efficiency of various interventions and other programs provided at Judi’s House.
- Work collaboratively to develop evaluation strategies, ensuring each intervention incorporates outcome measures
and standardized metrics.
- Manage data acquisition efforts including data collection, entry, transformation, and cleaning.
- Ensure that all evaluation and research work is conducted in accordance with documented systems and processes and within professional bounds.
Participate in data analysis, synthesis, preparation and presentation.
- Work collaboratively on the preparation and dissemination of scholarly products and training efforts.
- Complete special evaluation/research projects as needed.
- Manage department budget and annual evaluation and research plan.
- Document, implement and innovate systems and processes for successful operation of all aspects of evaluation and
- Oversee the management of staffing (including paid, volunteer and interns) to meet daily needs of the evaluation and
- Provide regular evaluation and research reports to ED to provide information for grant development and reporting
and for general accountability.
- Supervise evaluation and research team.
- Responsible for ongoing staff development, annual performance evaluations, hiring & termination of staff.
- Ensure that evaluation and research meetings address issues in a timely fashion.
- Oversee staff time sheets and leave documents and submit them on a monthly basis.
- Attend and participate in team and organizational meetings.
- Collaborate with Judi’s House staff and perform job duties to advance the organization’s mission and vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by ED.