The Child Study Center (CSC)
NYU Langone Medical Center
Skills and Knowledge Required:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Post-Doc in Trauma at the CSC will be involved in 3 categories of activities:
1- Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) – Supervisor: Adam Brown
TST is a systems oriented approach to training organizations that provide care to traumatized youth and families. TST is both a clinical and organizational model, which is currently being disseminated nationally in mental health, child welfare, and school based settings.
- Receive training in the Trauma Systems Therapy model
- Participate in 2 federally funded projects to create trauma informed child welfare systems
- Participate as a member of the TST Development team including contributing to the development and dissemination of TST
- Co-lead TST trainings and provide ongoing consultation to agencies implementing TST
2- Clinical role in the Faculty Group Practice (FGP) - Supervisor: Adam Brown, and other faculty within the FGP as appropriate
- Be an active member of the Stress, Trauma, and Resilience Treatment (START) team in FGP:
- Screening, assessment and treatment for trauma referrals
- Active member of the community crisis response team
- Provide assessment and treatment for a variety of patient referrals (not-trauma specific) in the FGP
3- Evaluation – Supervisor: Bonnie Kerker
- Take the lead, under supervision, of a small evaluation project within the trauma team. Such projects might include (but would not be limited to):
- A psychometric study of a trauma-related instrument.
- The modification and testing of a trauma-related instrument for a specific sub-population.
- The evaluation of TST or other trauma-related interventions at a specific site.
- Assist with overall program evaluation for agencies implementing TST.