The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress (NCCTS)
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Skills and Knowledge Required:
This position will require the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Someone who is able to adjust rapidly to evolving needs of multiple researchers and projects.
- A good understanding and experience of MVC Frameworks.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience or knowledge on database design, scaling and replication for large-scale use.
- Understanding of core force.com skills including APEX, Visualforce, SOQL, SOSL.
- Significant experience in Application development on Force.com platform using Apex & Visual Force.
- Expert knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Apache and Linux servers.
- Advanced knowledge of both using and administrating Electronic Data Capture systems such as REDCap.
- Experience building REDCap plugins.
Ensure that external and internal regulations and policies governing data management are met including regulations concerning security, auditability, and privacy.
Maintain interface with technology vendor representatives to gather information and resolve software problems.
Maintain liaison with representatives of other IT operations, professional organizations and software vendors to ensure knowledge of current principles and techniques and interoperability with relevant systems.
Collaborate and consult with clinicians and researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, and design computational strategies for a wide range of clinical research.
Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities, serve in an advisory capacity on database procedures and methods.
Contribute to overall strategy and planning for the electronic data capture platform.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
NOTE: Position has funding through 9/30/2014 with possibility of extension.