The Village Family Services
Skills and Knowledge Required:
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work
LCSW and 5+ years of management/leadership experience is required.
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of child welfare and community outreach
2. Knowledge of WRAP Around services
3. Community engagement and development experience preferred
4. Knowledge and experience with Transitional Age Youth, Shelters and shelter populations, homeless population, and LGBTQ youth and adults.
5. Knowledge of business principles
6. Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
7. Title 22 Experience a Must
8. DMH contract Experience a Must
9. Experience with multiple child, welfare and community programs
10. Dedicated professional in the child welfare field
11. Bilingual English/Spanish
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All of the responsibilities listed below are considered essential functions of this position. Additionally, this position is expected to ensure that the core operating values and the strategic direction of the agency are adhered to.
• Must have ability to oversee multiple site locations
• Engage the community in support of children and families and further develop community based resources
• Assures the safety and well-being of the children entrusted to the programs and maintains a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Provide ongoing management of a program of excellence for children and families
• Responsible for managing the resources of FFA, Adoption and ITFC Program so as to maximize the quality of client services and promote the growth and development of program staff
• Lead team, by establishing open communication, support and accountability
• Plan and implement training and professional development for staff
• Ensure staff is trained to engage children and families effectively in order to achieve desired goals for families and agency.
• Facilitate & attend child and family team conferences as needed.
• Work with QA team to ensure an accountability system for continuous quality improvement and compliance with all requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring that reports and casework contacts are completed within expected timeframes
• Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources and partner agencies and will participate in external training and public education activities as time permits.
• Work closely with all other agency programs
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies
Project Management, Planning & Organizing
Excellent oral & written communication
Excellent Leadership and Management skills
Must be adaptable
Strong Ethics & Judgment
Strategic Planning & Management
Excellent Attendance & Punctuality