The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress (NCCTS), the national coordinating center for the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN), is seeking applicants for the position of Improvement Advisor for its Training and Implementation Program. The NCTSN is a unique federally funded initiative that seeks to improve the quality, effectiveness, and availability of care and services for children and families who are exposed to a wide range of traumatic experiences, including physical and sexual abuse; domestic, school, and community violence; natural disasters and terrorism; and life-threatening injury and illness. The NCCTS, co-located at UCLA and Duke University, leads the coordination of NCTSN activities through multiple program areas, and provides support and facilitation for collaborations across the Network’s 79 funded centers, 90 Affiliate members, and multiple external partners. Visit www.NCTSN.org for more organizational information.
The Improvement Advisor will provide leadership in the area of quality improvement activities and consultation of NCTSN agencies leading Quality Collaborative initiatives (e.g. Learning Collaboratives and Breakthrough Series Collaboratives). The goal of Quality Collaboratives is to sustainably implement evidence-based child mental health practices into agencies and communities around the country. This full-time position will be a Duke University employee based in Durham, NC and require occasional travel across the country (average of 2 nights out of town per month). For more on the NCCTS Quality Collaborative framework, please click here.
• Serve as primary consultant to agencies leading Quality Collaboratives
• Assist in the development of improvement measures (metrics) to track implementation progress
• Design data collection procedures and reports
• Partner with implementation and content experts to assist Collaborative faculty improve strategies and practices
• Provide training, coaching, and documentation of quality improvement strategies
• Use best practices in implementation science and quality improvement tools to address issues around sustainability of evidence-based practices
• Develop, administer, and analyze results of process and outcome evaluation tools
• Provide assistance in report preparation