NYU Child Study Center Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Skills and Knowledge Required:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing support to the Principal Investigators, Department staff and project stakeholders regarding overall project functioning and goals.
- Actively participating in team meetings, providing input on project-related activities, responding to challenges, and conducting follow-up as needed.
- Organizing data and preparing materials for presentations and publications.
- Drafting, editing and proofing of grant proposals, quarterly/annual grant reports, and manuscripts for publication.
- Setting up and managing research databases.
- Assisting with data collection, management and analyses.
- Coordinating communication with dissemination sites.
- Assisting with grant purchases and payments to consultants and subcontractors.
- Tracking grant expenses.
- Working with the Medical Center Institutional Review Board (IRB) and assisting with IRB applications and reports.
- Working with Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) and other Medical Center grant support offices.
- Reading and summarizing relevant scientific literature for Department staff.
- Contributing to the preparation of articles and presentations on research outcomes.
- Arranging meetings and developing meeting materials as needed.
The candidate will spend a small amount of effort on program management and organization, including ordering supplies, scheduling travel and meetings, managing meeting agendas and minutes, communicating with project stakeholders, copying and filing, as necessary.