A PsychInfo search (5/05) for “Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children" or "TSCC” AND “Briere” anywhere revealed that the TSCC has been referenced in 94 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Note: The word Briere was added on the chance that the terms “Trauma Symptom
Checklist for Children” were overly inclusive. Below is a sampling of these references:
1. Atlas, J.A., & Ingram, D.M. (1998). Betrayal trauma in adolescent inpatients. Psychological Reports, 83, 914-915.
2. Crouch, J.L., Smith, D.W., & Ezzell, C.E. (1999). Measuring reactions to sexual trauma among children: Comparing the Children's Impact of Traumatic Events Scale and the Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children. Child Maltreatment: Journal of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, 4, 255-263.
3. Elliott, D.M., & Briere, J. (1994). Forensic sexual abuse evaluations of older children: Disclosures and symptomatology. Behavioral Sciences and the Law, 12, 261-277.
4. Feindler, E.L, Rathus, J.H., & Silver, L.B. (2003). Assessment of Family Violence: A Handbook for Researchers and Practioners. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
5. Friedrich, W.N., Jaworski, T.M., Huxsahl, S.E., & Bengtson, B.S. (1997). Dissociative and sexual behaviors in children and adolescents with sexual abuse and psychiatric histories. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 12, 155-171.
6. Lanktree, C.B., & Briere, J. (1995). Outcome of therapy for sexually abused children: A repeated measures study. Child Abuse and Neglect, 19, 1145-1155.
7. Nader, K.O. (1997). Assessing traumatic experiences in children. In J.P. Wilson & T.M. Keane (Eds.). Assessing psychological trauma and PTSD (pp. 291-348). New York: Guilford Press.
8. Ohan, J.L., Myers, K., & Collett, B.R. (2002). Ten-year review of rating scales, IV: Scales assessing trauma and its effects. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 41:12, 1401-1422.
9. Sadowski, C.M., & Friedrich, W.N. (2000). Psychometric properties of the Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children (TSCC) with psychiatrically hospitalized adolescents. Child Maltreatment, 5, 364-372.
10. Singer, M.I., Anglen, T.M., Song, L.Y., & Lunghofer, L. (1995). Adolescents’ exposure to violence and associated symptoms of psychological trauma. Journal of American Medical Association, 273(6), 477-482.
11. Zlotnick, C., Shea, M.T., Begin, A., Pearlstein, T., Simpson, E., & Costello, E. (1996). The validation of the Trauma Symptom Checklist-40 (TSC-40) in a sample of inpatients. Child Abuse and Neglect, 20, 503-510.