The reference for the manual is:
Gerard, A.B. (1994). Parent-Child Relationship Inventory (PCRI) Manual. Los Angeles, WPS.
A PsychInfo literature search (6/05) for “Parent-Child Relationship Inventory” or “PCRI” anywhere revealed the measure has been referenced in 27 peer-reviewed journal articles, but three articles were clearly not about the measure. One other article was identified through a review of the literature. A sampling of these articles is included below.
1. Coolahan, K., McWayne, C., Fantuzzo, J., & Grim, S. (2002). Validation of multidimensional assessment of parenting styles for low-income African-American families with preschool children. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 17(3), 356-373.
2. Greene, R.W., Ablon, J.S., Goring, J.C., Raezer-Blakely, L., Markey, J., Monuteaux, M.C., et al. (2004). Effectiveness of collaborative problem solving in affectively dysregulated children with oppositional-defiant disorder: Initial findings. Journal of Consulting & Clinical Psychology, 72(6), 1157-1164.
3. Heinze, M.C., & Grisso, T. (1996). Review of instruments assessing parenting competencies used in child custody evaluations. Behavioral Sciences & the Law, 14(3), 293-313.
4. Luthar, S.S., & Suchman, N.E. (2000). Relational psychotherapy mother’s group: A developmentally informed intervention for at-risk mothers. Development and Psychopathology, 12, 235-353.
5. Barron-McKeagney, T., Woody, J.D., & D’Souza, H.J. Mentoring at-risk Latino children and their parents: Analysis of the parent-child relationship and family strength. Families in Society, 83(3), 285-292.
6. Raver, C.C. (2003). Does work pay psychologically as well as economically? The role of employment in predicting depressive symptoms and parenting among low-income families. Child Development, 74(6), 1720-1736.
7. Reilly, T., & Platz, L. (2004). Post-adoption service needs of families with special needs children: Use, helpfulness, and unmet needs. Journal of Social Service Research, 30(4), 51- 67.
7. Reilly, T., & Platz, L. (2003). Characteristics and challenges of families who adopt children with special needs: An empirical study. Children & Youth Services Review, 25(10), 781-803.
8. Reitman, D., Currier, R.O., Hupp, S. D.A., Rhode, P.C., Murphy, M.A., & O'Callaghan, P.M. (2001). Psychometric characteristics of the parenting scale in a Head Start population. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 30(4), 514-524.
9. Reitman, D., Rhode, P.C., Hupp, S.D.A., & Altobello, C. (2002). Development and validation of the Parental Authority Questionnaire-Revised. Journal of Psychopathology & Behavioral Assessment, 24(2), 119-127.
10. Roa-Capilla, L., & del Barrio, V. (2001). Adaptation of the parent-child relationship inventory (PCRI) to the Spanish population/Adaptación del cuestionario de crianza parental (PCRI-M) a población Española. Revista Latino Americana de Psicologia, 33(3), 329-341.
11. Steinmetz, M., & Hommers, W. (2003). The parent-child relationship inventory for the assessment of German parents/Das "Parent-Child Relationship Inventory" als deutschsprachiges eltern-diagnostikum. Diagnostica, 49(3), 120-128.
12. Suchman, N. E., & Luthar, S. S. (2001). The mediating role of parenting stress in methadone-maintained mothers' parenting. Parenting: Science & Practice, 1(4), 285-315.
13. Suchman, N. E., & Luthar, S. S. (2000). Maternal addiction, child maladjustment and socio-demographic risks: Implications for parenting behaviors. Addiction, 95(9), 1417-1428.
14. Suchman, N. E., McMahon, T. J., & Luthar, S. S. (2004). Interpersonal maladjustment as predictor of mothers' response to a relational parenting intervention. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 27(2), 135-143.
15. Yañez, Y. T., & Fremouw, W. (2004). The application of the Daubert standard to parental capacity measures. American Journal of Forensic Psychology, 22(3), 5-28.